Frequently Asked Questions
Will you set up your coffee service in my backyard?
We no longer provide our coffee services in backyards. The main reasons being it is very difficult to haul our commercial catering equipment into backyards, most of which have steep hills, are uneven and involve steps or stairs. This policy applies to side yards and front yards as well.
If hiring us for coffee services at your house, we are only able to provide this service in your garage or driveway. No exceptions.
Will you set up your smoothies or gelato station in my back yard?
We will provide our smoothie catering and gelato catering / ice cream catering services in your back yard as this equipment is much more easily transported by hand than our coffee equipment and supplies. All service locations must be flat, level and paved. No grass.
Will you set up inside my home?
Please ask us. This will be determined after we discuss the requirements of the set up. The main concerns being steps/stairs, weather, etc.
What do you need from me?
Unless discussed otherwise, all we need from you is access to a sink before and after the service, a 10×10 space to set up, and to be within 25′ of a standard dedicated electrical outlet.
All service locations must be flat, level and paved. No grass.
If we are setting up outside, we need you to provide a tent, shelter or other similar protective covering to protect our staff and equipment from the sun and/or weather. If you can not provide this for us, we will bring our own. There is a $200 fee for this.
What is your cancellation policy?
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT POLICY
A minimum 50% deposit is required to secure our services. The deposit is not refundable and will be applied toward your final bill. A final invoice will be sent prior to the event and/or presented on the day of service or sent after the event if any adjustments are made on site.
Payment in full must be received on or before the date of service. Should client default in any such payments, the customer agrees to pay 18% interest, collection fees, reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs incurred by La Vita Espresso. A $30 fee will be assessed on all returned checks.
- All cancellations and requests to change service dates must be submitted to La Vita Espresso in writing or email
- If, for any reason, our services need to be cancelled for the original scheduled date of service, a second date of service can be selected by our customer for no additional fees. The second date of service is not required at the time of cancellation
- Customers will have 2 YEARS from the original scheduled date to reschedule our services
- If a service has not been rescheduled within 2 years from the original date of service, all funds submitted to La Vita Espresso will be forfeited. It is the customer’s responsibility to reschedule the event. It is recommended to scheduled well in advance of the next event for availability reasons. If La Vita Espresso is already scheduled for another event on that day, a mutually agreed upon alternate date must be chosen. No refunds will be given due to the inability to schedule a mutually agreed upon secondary service date.
- All deposits that have been paid to secure the original date of service will be applied to the new date and there will be no fees or loss of deposit according to this cancellation policy
- All pricing and services listed on the original invoice will be maintained and honored. Additional service options can be added at a later time but at no point can the original catering services and options be removed or reduced.
- If customer cancels the service and has no intentions of utilizing our catering services within 2 years, the down payment will be forfeited completely and the amount paid will not be transferred to any other date.
For our customers that book our services by paying in full
- All customers that book our services by paying in full on or after July 1, 2020 will receive priority for rescheduling of their event if they need to cancel and reschedule
- If you need to reschedule the original service, any amount paid to book our services which is above and beyond the non-refundable minimum 50% down payment will be held until the second date of service
- If, for any reason, the second service date is cancelled and the cancellation notice given is more than 30 days from second date of service, customer will be billed for 75% of the original invoice and the remaining balance refunded. If cancelling the second date of service with less than 30 days notice, 100% of the invoice will be due and no refunds issued
It is the wish of La Vita Espresso that the client is completely satisfied with our services. La Vita Espresso guarantees all services according to this invoice. In order to achieve satisfaction of the client, La Vita Espresso will reimburse the client for any unfulfilled portion of this invoice for which La Vita Espresso is directly responsible. The client is still responsible for all charges of the invoice that La Vita Espresso is able to fulfill.
By submitting payment via online invoicing through Square Payment services you acknowledge you have read and agree to these policies.
Are your products gluten free?
- Here is a list of items that may or may not contain gluten:
- Coffee beans = Gluten free
- Flavored Syrups = Yes, all are gluten free
- Sweeteners: Splenda = Gluten free, Sugar in the raw = gluten free
- Cocoa Powder = Gluten free
- Smoothies = Gluten free
- Bottled water (used in our espresso machines) = Gluten free
- Loose leaf & bag tea = gluten free
- Some of our products potentially having gluten:
- Gelato, sorbet, ice creams: Most are gluten free, depends on the variety. Please ask if you are concerned about this.
- Bakery = Most items are not gluten free
- Here is a list of items that may or may not contain gluten:
I am hosting or helping plan a fundraiser, dance competition, gymnastics meet or other special event where I would like guests to be able to purchase a cup of coffee. Will you come to our event and sell coffee?
- We do not provide this type of service
While we pride ourselves on keeping our service areas very clean and do what we can to prevent cross-contamination, guests with any type of food and/or beverage allergies should know our products are made on equipment that may have trace elements of dairy, soy, almond and other allergy inducing items.